The MOS Mod system is a smaller, lighter version of the Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS) On Ship. It is fully interoperable with all Link 16 systems and enhances capability with 1,000 watts of radio-frequency output power. It is the only shipboard system that provides 1,000-watt output power capability with the MIDS JTRS receiver/transmitter.
The system is more than 60 percent lighter than the current configuration and has a reduced cabinet height of 48 inches. The cabinet provides improved access to the internal line replaceable units through a single front door and meets MIL-S-901D shock requirements.
Functional capabilities include:
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) Link 16 functionality with an integrated PC-based terminal controller
- 1,000-watt Link 16 radio frequency output
- Interchangeable power out (using receiver/transmitter and HPA transmission)
- Dual-antenna reception
- Dual-channel "J-voice" (2.4k LPC-10 and 16k CVSD)
- Field interchangeable between MIDS LVT4 and MIDS JTRS
- Geodetic navigation
MIDS JTRS receiver/transmitter capabilities:
- Frequency remapping
- Crypto modernization
- Enhanced throughput
- Concurrent multi-netting/concurrent contention receive MIDS JTRS terminal
- Three additional waveforms
The combination of a field-interchangeable MIDS Link 16 receiver/transmitter (either a MIDS LVT4 or MIDS JTRS BC2), remote power supply, high-power amplifier, and terminal controller computer result in a turnkey Link 16 maritime solution.